Sunday, June 16, 2013

Hunger Trails: Feed your Mitochondria


This video is a powerhouse of nutritional information and learning.  It seems the old adage of..."You are what you eat", may be more fact than fiction.



Also, through my nutritional wanderings, I found this next video, which gave me insight into my own elevated liver enzymes. I will now watch closely to the types of sugars I intake, since I use a lot of fruit juice instead of whole fruits.



As always...especially in food, Nature prevails.

5 comments:

  1. Good stuff!
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by - 'appreciate the support.

      Delete
  2. Interesting.
    HOw do you now feel about fruit juices?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interesting question, one I have been wrangling with since this post. In terms of - and in deference to - what I perceive to be the quality of content/source of these videos, I am endeavoring to substitute most of my fruit juice intake with the actual fruits. I believe that in a healthy condition, our bodies can handle some unhealthy intake. But after a lifetime of doing so - depending on the amount of trash our organs have dealt with...they begin to break down.

      Your thoughts?

      Thank you for commenting.

      Delete
    2. Interesting. WE know sugar is a real problem. I now believe that carbs from wheat, rice, beans and potatoes are real culprits.

      Your thoughts are good.
      Thanks

      Delete

Please let us know what you think; our readers matter. Thank you for stopping by trailsofnature.blogspot.com